http://jc4jesus.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Upward and Onward..

Last night was kind of a rush. I had mistakenly confused the time I was departing from Tokyo on my connecting flight with the time I was departing from Manila. There was a difference of about 5 hours. Not cool. So instead of a nice leisurely trip with friends into manilla, I ended up rushing to pack my stuff, ( which miraculously was under 50 lbs) said good bye to all of the wonderful people I would leave behind and got a bus to Coubau. ( Thanks again to the Penwells for arranging everything for me at the last minute). From Coubau I got a taxti to the hotel where my reservation had been made, and woke up at 3:30 the next morning to get a taxi to the airport. At the airport, my carry on was found to still contain my folding knife and pepper spray. I was allowed to keep the pepper spray, although I will never open tuna cans with that knife again. Right now, I'm on "Bowing flight 156, with service to Seattle" looking out the window and watching the sun begin to rise over the cloud cover.
They're saying it's 34 degrees outside right now. That's about 60 degrees cooler than I've been in 2 months.
I'll miss you Philippines...

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave comments.