http://jc4jesus.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year to everyone, or as they say here, a prosperous new year. It's been a while since I've done any posting, but I'll try to keep this one relatively brief.
Since the last time I checked in, Christmas has come and gone, and I've been able to go on 2 short trips to other parts of the province. I'll elaborate more fully when I can post the pictures.
Christmas was a ton of fun. The tradition here is to stay up until midnight on christmas eve and eat a huge meal. So, in true Philippine style, the midwives here at the birth center cooked us a delicious Christmas eve supper of grilled chicken, noodles, sticky rice, fruit salad and other good food. There was a lot of laughing, game playing and a brand of Christmas cheer that only accompanies good friends.
  Christmas also involved food. Food, food and mored food. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I ate my fair share, and then a couple of other people's fair share in addition. The Ehelers, hospitable people that they are, invited all of the interns to their house for Christmas. I had a really good time and I promise to post pictures when I get the chance.
  Our next birth wasn't until the 28 of December. It was a little boy born in the caul, with a Nuchal arm, meaning that he had his arm wrapped around his neck as he was born. There was meconium in the amniotic fluid, and he required suction and artificial ventilation with the ambu bag before he cried. I was so thank full that there was a good outcome.
  So yesterday was New Year's Eve, which also involved staying up until midnight. Only, I wimped out and went to bed at 10 pm. I'm glad I did though, because a woman came in in labor at around 4 am. She gave birth to a healthy boy. The parrents named him Neo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave comments.