http://jc4jesus.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Fun With Machetes

When I was in the Philippines, I took a 20 min bus ride to Batangas and bought 9 machetes or "Bolos" as the call them in the Philippines. I took one of the Ayta guys with me to help me pick out good ones. Kuya would take a bolo and tap it against another one, listening to the noise it made. I'm not sure exactly how he could tell just by listening, but in the end we ended up with 9 that were satisfactory. The lady at the little hardware store threw in a knife sharpener for free.
My plan was to keep a few for my self and give the rest away as gifts. I picked out two especially for my sister and her fiancé as a wedding present. I just finished wrapping the handle of my sister's bolo.
I think it turned out pretty well, considering I've never don it before....

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave comments.