http://jc4jesus.blogspot.com/2008_09_01_archive.html

Saturday, February 25, 2012

War Movie?

Last night I went out with some friends to see "Red Tails". Apparently the movie has had some scathing reviews from the powers that be, but has done fairly well in the box office.
After watching it, I completely understood why.
First of all, the film critics hate it because the dialogue is full of zingers like "how do you like THAT Mr. Hitler?!", the characters wern't portrayed with the kind of soulful depth that we see in HBO's "Band of Brothers", and overall the plot was more lighthearted than usual for a war movie.
On the other hand, it was fairly clean, full of explosions, humor, good looking actors and had the type of feel-good, "under-dog-wins-in-the-end" story line that we American's can't resist.
So what's my take on this movie?
I'll say that this film was a lot like the popcorn my friends and I ate while we watched it; fun, not spectacular, but not objectionable either.

(photo courtesy of Lucas Films)

No comments:

Post a Comment

please feel free to leave comments.